It was great getting to know Scooter Vertino a little. Additionally, Scooter also is SVP of content, programming and production for NBA digital which includes NBA-TV, League Pass and NBA.com.
Topics discussed include:
– reactions to the schedule and off season news lining up so well for this season’s opening night matchups on TNT (Cavs/Celtics & Warriors/Rockets)
– reactions to Gordon Hayward’s injury on opening night
– high level discussion of the process for selecting games for particular nights and windows on TNT
– how the selection works for the games simulcast nationally on NBA-TV
– NBA Digital
– Partnership with the NBA and how the relationship has evolved over the past 5 years
– NBA Twitter” and the expanding coverage during offseason
– This past Summer League season in Las Vegas
– Getting the cast and crew of “The Starters” to move from Canada to Atlanta
– The “Players Only” telecasts
– Even though Turner Sports doesn’t telecast the NBA Finals, is there an optimal matchup or outcome from Turner Sports’ perspective?
– New content
– All-Star Game and All-Star Weekend