Golf Channel averaged 124,000 total day viewership for the second quarter tying it with 2013, and up 3% from the 120,000 viewer average last year. But its PGA Tour live coverage was up 9% year over year and up 13% with adults 25-54. “Golf Channel on NBC” PGA Tour coverage was up 26% versus last year and up 27% with adults 25-54.
Here are some additional ratings bullet points about the quarter via Golf Channel:
- Golf Channel posted its most-watched April ever and the network’s most-watched month since August 2013
- Golf Channel posted its second most-watched Masters Week, behind 2013. +33% with total viewers, +28% with P25-54
- Drive, Chip and Putt National Championship’s live coverage from Augusta National was +20% YOY, +34% with P25-54
- Golf Central’s Live from THE PLAYERS and early round coverage propelled Golf Channel to draw 8.1 million viewers throughout the week, making it the third most-viewed week on Golf Channel since August 2013, trailing only the past two Masters weeks.
- With 174,000 average viewers per minute across PLAYERS week, it is the second most-watched PLAYERS week ever on Golf Channel.
- As part of Golf Channel’s 25 consecutive days of live golf, the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Golf Championships lifted their timeslots more than 100% from the prior four week averages and reached more than 3 million unique viewers.
- KPMG Women’s PGA Championship aired across Golf Channel and Golf Channel on NBC, reaching almost 6 million unique viewers and averaging 292,000 viewers per minute, making it the second-best women’s major in the past year.
- Golf Central’s Live from the U.S. Open was the second most-watched ever from this event, behind 2012, the last time the event was held on the West Coast.