The America vs. Tigres match reached 4.8 million viewers who watched all or part of the broadcast and averaged 2.2 million viewers from 9:24-11:32p.
via Univision press release:
LIGA MX APERTURA FINAL ON UNIMÁS NETWORK REACHES 4.8 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS
UniMás’ broadcast of the Liga MX Apertura 2014 final between America and Tigres reached 4.8 million Total Viewers who tuned into all or part of the broadcast.
The match, which aired on UniMás from 9:24 p.m. – 11:32 p.m. on December 11, 2014, delivered an average of 2.2 million Total Viewers and 1.4 million Adults 18-49.
· This is the most-viewed club soccer match on any network in 2014 since the World Cup, including English Premier League (EPL), UEFA Champions League, Major League Soccer and other leagues.
· Match drew +59% more Total Viewers and +82% more Adults than the most-viewed EPL match in NBC Networks history (11/22/14, Manchester United – Arsenal on NBC), and bested the UEFA Champions League final on Fox by +16% and +29%, respectively.
· UniMás broadcast delivered more viewers than every NHL game airing in the current ’14-15 season on NBC and NBCSN, and 24 of 30 NBA games airing in the current ’14-15 season on ESPN and TNT
The Liga MX Apertura 2014 final between America and Tigres helped rank UDN as the #1 Spanish-language sports cable network in Total Day and prime for the day.
Source: Nielsen, Fast Nationals, NPM, NPMH, L+SD data, LMX final aired 12/14/14, 9:24 p.m.-11:32 p.m. ET.
The first leg of the Liga MX Apertura 2014 final between America and Tigres made UniMás the highest rated broadcast station during the time period (9:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. ET) in Los Angeles among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 and in Dallas among Adults 18-34
During the match, UniMás stations had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca and MundoFox stations combined (9:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. ET) among:
· Total Viewers 2+ in Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento.
· Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento (tied for Sacramento, do you want to leave it in?)
· Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Phoenix.
Source: Nielsen, NSI, 12/11/14, 9:30 p.m. -11:30 p.m. ET (match time). Live game across time zones. Live +SD.
The Liga MX Apertura 2014 final between America and Tigres on Thursday, December 11, 2014 ranks as Univision Deportes’ largest Liga MX live stream of all time.
· 95% of the match’s streams occurred in the Univision Deportes app.
· The America vs. Tigres match ranks as the third most viewed live stream post World Cup behind only the Mexico vs. Belarus match (11/18) and Mexico vs. Netherlands (11/12).
Source: Adobe Analytics.