We had the 4.716 million viewer average for the match in our daily cable ratings report, but here are the press notes from Fox with a lot more ratings trivia:
Momentum Continues as USA – Colombia Sets New FOX Sports 1 Audience Records
FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2015™ Round of 16 Match Draws 4.7 Million Viewers; Smashes FOX Sports 1 Soccer Mark
Match is Third Most-Watched Program in FOX Sports 1 History
Vancouver, B.C. – The U.S. Women’s National Team won its FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2015™ Round of 16 match over Colombia last night 2-0 in Edmonton to earn a spot in the Quarterfinal Round on Friday, June 26 (7:30 PM ET on FOX) against China, and viewership set more milestones for FOX Sports 1, according to Nielsen.
USA – Colombia Highlights:
– USA – Colombia attracted 4.7 million viewers, setting a new record for soccer on FOX Sports 1, beating the previous mark of 3.3 million set earlier in the tournament (USA-Australia Group Stage) by 42%. It is the most-watched soccer match on cable since last year’s World Cup.
– Viewership for the match peaked at 6.4 million in the 9:30-9:45 PM ET quarter hour.
– With an audience of 4.7 million, USA – Colombia now ranks as the third most-watched program in FOX Sports 1 history, trailing only Game 4 (5.1 million) and Game 5 (4.9 million) of the 2014 National League Championship Series featuring the St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants.
– While third in average audience, USA – Colombia is the most-watched telecast in FOX Sports 1 history among Adults 18-49 with 2.3 million viewers, dropping UFC FIGHT NIGHT: MCGREGOR VS. SIVER (1/18/15) to second (1.7 million).
– USA – Colombia is the second most-watched match of the tournament, not only topping the USA – Australia Group Stage match on FOX Sports 1 (3.3 million), but also USA – Sweden on FOX broadcast network (4.5 million).
– USA – Colombia delivered FOX Sports GO over 120,000 unique streamers, making it the highest-viewed simulcast in the app’s history, besting the 2014 World Series Game 7 simulcast by +17% (103,000 uniques).
– St. Louis led all metered markets with a 5.3 rating, followed by Washington, D.C. (5.0), Philadelphia (4.9), Orlando (4.4), Norfolk (4.3), Richmond (4.2), Sacramento (4.0), New York (3.9), Los Angeles (3.9) and Seattle (3.8).
– Combined average viewership for the FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2015™ on FOX, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 through Sunday’s Round of 16 matches, plus the USA – Colombia match last night, is 1.0 million, +79% compared to the complete Group Stage average on ESPN/ESPN2 in 2011 (559,000).